Team Lead – Material Handling & Logistics
Are you looking for a job with responsibility and do you want to be part of a growing organization? Do you want to contribute to making warehousing, logistics, and material handling sustainable through Industry 4.0? Do you also believe that the future lies in Digital Twins and AI? Do you have a technical background and do you get energy from managing talented simulation engineers?
We are looking for a Team Lead for our “Material Handling & Logistics” team. This team focuses on the sales and implementations of InControl’s simulation software products and building & maintaining software applications within the sectors: Material Handling, Warehousing, Airports, and Logistics.
A selection of our track record and software implementations:
- An airport’s baggage handling system
- The production facility of an aircraft manufacturer
- The distribution center of one of the largest web shops in the Netherlands
- Managing workflows in pharmaceutical material handling – integration with SAP
- The largest train station in the Netherlands
- Border Control and various stadiums studies (people flows)
- …. and much more.
Your key responsibilities
As Team Lead you:
- Manage a team of simulation engineers and support your employees in a functional and coaching manner;
- Apply efficient project management (planning, realization, reporting, etc.) in accordance with customer requirements and InControl’s management guidelines;
- Manage and report team capacity planning and meeting customer deliverables;
- Are a main point of contact for large customers, you are responsible for the quality of the service to the customer, whereby the work is carried out efficiently and effectively;
- Perform parts of large and complex simulations deliverables yourself;
- Develop yourself as a professional and be responsible for the development of your team members;
- Are responsible for the representation of the team in the InControl business plan, budget, and annual revenue for software and project sales;
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing department, you are co-responsible for the acquisition of additional or follow-up contracts from existing customers.
Required Skills and Experience
The current Material Handling & Logistics Team consists of passionate engineers who combine their passion for technology and software development with a genuine interest in the various customers and solutions that InControl offers. For this team, we are looking for an experienced engineer with people and organization skills.
We would like to meet you if you:
- Have knowledge in the field of Simulation and/or Emulation of operational processes. Alternatively, have strong operational knowledge in Material Handling or Manufacturing / Logistical processes.
- Have 5 years of relevant work experience in one (or more) of the following areas: industrial engineering, logistics engineering, civil engineering, transport planning, operational research, baggage handling systems, architecture & design of warehouses or distribution centers.
- Have experience as a manager, project leader, or as a ‘cooperating foreman’ in managing and motivating a (technical) team;
- Have a college or academic background. Simulation experience is recommended;
- Have knowledge of methods for quantitative research;
- Are able to work and function in multidisciplinary and international project teams;
- Have an excellent knowledge of the English and/or Dutch language, both spoken and written. Knowledge of German is an advantage but not a must-have;
- Are innovative, able to work autonomously, analytical, solution-oriented, team-focus, and ambitious;
- Have the will to learn and want to continuously improve yourself;
- Are available full-time (part-time is negotiable) – preferably available at short notice.
What we offer
You work in a highly qualified and professional team together with specialists from customers to deliver digital twins that “manage the present and predict the future”. We offer you:
- A challenging and dynamic working environment; active at the heart of key developments in Digital Twins/Industry 4.0/IoT/AI;
- A professional and relatively small organization where you can leave your mark and really make a difference;
- An ambitious organization with a clear strategy and growth ambitions;
- Market leading software products with much more to come ……
- Opportunities for professional and personal development;
- Short lines of communication with colleagues, partners, and end users make your work dynamic;
- A competitive salary and secondary benefits, including training, pension scheme, 24 vacation days, possibility to work hybrid, and travel allowance;
- A great office space in our new office in Woerden.
A good combination of challenging and enjoyable work in an international environment with tangible but innovative projects that are highly relevant to our customer base.
InControl Enterprise Dynamics has been a leading developer of simulation software for over 30 years. We mainly focus on customers with highly complex processes in Material Handling, Logistics and Airports. That is where our software also distinguishes itself from alternatives. Our software platform is used worldwide for the analysis and optimization of infrastructures, industrial processes, and crowd management.
Our customers use our software to test, plan and control large-scale systems and infrastructures, such as baggage handling systems, container terminals, train stations, assembly lines, sports stadiums, and large-scale events.
Our mission is to deliver software solutions that contribute to a safe and sustainable planet
InControl is a company that strongly believes in growth and offers its employees room for development. As an employee, you are part of a growing, international company with room for employees’ input and ideas.
You work at InControl in a pleasant, informal working atmosphere with great colleagues where personal growth is of paramount importance.
If you’re ready for a new step in your career and the above position appeals to you: please send a compact motivation letter with your CV to our HR Manager Monja Bonekamp: email@example.com.
More information? Call: 06 264 564 37
ACQUISITION ACCORDING TO THIS VACANCY IS NOT APPRECIATED.