Passenger Ship Evacuation Analysis
During the design- and operational phase of large passenger ships –such as cruise ships, ocean liners and ferries – and passenger terminals, capacity and safety are important themes. Whether it’s a ferry or a luxury cruise ships, the vessel must be designed to handle the required amount of passengers. The placement and quantity of facilities is important in order to have a good flow of satisfied passengers, even with a maximum occupancy of the ship. In addition, to make a proper planning it is important to gain insight into the time that is needed to leave or transfer of the ship.
Comply with new 2020 IMO MSC.1/CIRC. 1238 en SOLAS II-2/13 regulations.
Safety is one of the key themes when accommodating passengers. How much time do we need to evacuate the ship? How many lifeboats do we need and where? These questions are easy to answer using simulation software.
Analyze, optimize, and visualize pedestrian crowds in any infrastructure with Pedestrian Dynamics.
Import of industry standards
- (CAD, BIM, XML, CityGML and many more)
- Integrated 2D, 3D & VR models
Fast simulation runs
- Fast simulation runs
- Simulation of large realistic crowds up to 100,000
- Exact Explicit Corridor Mapping (ECM)
- Extensive set of model drawing tools
Unique agent properties
- Easy scenario definition
- Intelligent dynamic routing
- Microscopic and mesoscopic
- Integrated output module with automatic report generation.
- Easy movie playback and recording
Used by industry leaders
A closer look at passenger ship simulation
Complex logistics issues
Simulating pedestrian flows has gained ground the last few years. An important reason is that safety of visitors has become one of the main issues on locations where large crowds exist. In addition simulation provides answers to complex, logistic issues related to capacity management and commercial use of facilities. Many different parties, such as ship designers, architects, authorities and emergency services are already using simulation software to support their mission. INCONTROL offers its own simulation platform Pedestrian Dynamics®.
With simulation software you can easily model the infrastructure of your ship and analyze pedestrian flows. During the design- and operational phase simulation software offers you the following benefits:
- Comply with IMO Regulations & Standards (IMO MSC.1/Circ. 1238 & SOLAS II-2/13);
- Save money and time by evaluating the capacity and safety of the vessel during the design phase;
- Determine the number and location of necessary facilities: how many cash registers at the buffet, how many toilets, how many seats on the inside- and outside deck;
- Determine technical requirements for your vessel, based on their expected use or authority demands;
- Evaluate the capacity and safety of your current infrastructure and test alternatives;
- Present the design of the ship, including pedestrian flows in a 2D- and 3D-visualization to your stakeholders;
- Develop timetables and a proper planning for the boarding, deboarding and transfer of passengers and their vehicles;
- Develop evacuation and contingency plans.