Use Enterprise Dynamics® to create the foundation under the decisions related to your warehouse environment. With the simulation software Enterprise Dynamics®, every warehouse and all processes surrounding it can be thoroughly analyzed and evaluated.
- Where can the warehouse be optimized?
- How can you reduce inventory?
- What adjustments are needed to expand the warehouse?
Simulation provides additional insight which helps to make informed decisions. Build business cases based on actual orders and key figures that are widely supported throughout the organization. Present the outcome of different scenarios and strategies and the effect of each decision in a way people understand and can link to what is happening on the floor.
Let the Enterprise Dynamics® simulation software help you in shaping the future use of your warehouse.
Key Features of Enterprise Dynamics
- A powerful simulation platform for large-scale systems, 32-bit and 64-bit
- State-of-the-art 2D & 3D visualizations
- Easy to use graphical user interface
- “Drag & Drop” model building
- Experiment wizard
- No model limitations
Easy to extend
- Comprehensive object libraries and additional packages for different application areas
- Extended set of pre-defined and user-defined control rules
- Create your own object library and modify existing objects
- Extended result reporting module and standard output
- interfaces based on industry standards
- Import your own 3D models
- Open architecture; input and output connection based on all industry standards
Used by industry leaders
A closer look at warehouse simulation
- Optimizing storage locations and methods.
- Improving order picking strategies.
- Defining time windows for inbound processes, goods replenishment, and outbound processes.
- Outsourcing to specialized 3PL providers.
Efficient warehouse operation
A recurring question is the challenge to achieve a most efficient warehouse operation. In traditional warehouse operations, this comprises the deployment of staff and transport equipment, including finding the optimal mix of the different truck types. In automated warehouses, 3D-simulation models can contribute to the selection of the appropriate order picking module, conveyor, and sorting system or ASRS. Of course, modern technologic developments like the rise of RFID or voice picking are also relevant for efficiency and reliability.
Integration with WMS
As many warehouses use a Warehouse Management System (WMS) for directing and tracking materials and for inventory management, these systems are a huge source of information. By linking this data or even integrating the software with simulation models the full data set can be used for the simulation studies.
Evaluate critical performance indicators
Increasingly companies decide to consider outsourcing of warehousing and distribution functions to third-party logistics providers (3PL). In many cases, value-added services are part of the deal. So, these services do not only cover basic functions as storage, order composition, and shipping but also adaptations, tracking & tracing and even reverse logistics and repairs.
Enterprise Dynamics® can be used as an independent and fair means to evaluate such outsourcing decisions and judge the quality and value of the services. Critical performance indicators are of course the costs, but almost as important are customer service level, lead times and reliability.
In the last 25 years, Enterprise Dynamics® was successfully implemented in warehouses all over the world. The gathered experience and knowledge are used for the ongoing development of the software. Therefore, Enterprise Dynamics® is the most innovative solution to analyze and optimize warehouses and distribution.