Supply Chain Simulation
Supply chains are dynamic structures and require a continuous evaluation. Use Enterprise Dynamics® to provide well-founded information about the decisions to make about design or modifications in your supply chain. With the simulation software Enterprise Dynamics®, the contribution of each element within the supply chain, and the overall performance can be thoroughly analyzed and evaluated.
- Where can the supply chain be further optimized?
- How can the organization around the supply chain be improved?
- What is needed when the supply chain is facing new challenges?
Simulation provides additional insight which helps to make informed decisions. Build business cases based on numbers that are widely supported throughout the whole chain. Present the outcome of different scenarios and the effect of each decision in a way all stakeholders in the supply chain will understand and recognize.
Let the Enterprise Dynamics® simulation software help you in shaping your supply chain.
Key Features of Enterprise Dynamics
- A powerful simulation platform for large-scale systems, 32-bit and 64-bit
- State-of-the-art 2D & 3D visualizations
- Easy to use graphical user interface
- “Drag & Drop” model building
- Experiment wizard
- No model limitations
Easy to extend
- Comprehensive object libraries and additional packages for different application areas
- Extended set of pre-defined and user-defined control rules
- Create your own object library and modify existing objects
- Extended result reporting module and standard output
- interfaces based on industry standards
- Import your own 3D models
- Open architecture; input and output connection based on all industry standards
A closer look at supply chain simulation
In supply chains, the focus is much broader than the activities within just one company. It generally involves a network of multiple enterprises, including suppliers, manufacturers, and retailers who work together to meet a customer’s need for products or services. Supply chain management refers to the need to integrate the business processes, from an end user through original suppliers.
The control over supply chains covers the movements of raw materials, work in process and finished goods through all joints and the storage in every link of the chain.
Simulation of supply chain concerns
Simulation of supply chains concerns both supply chain design and supply chain control. Therefore, suitable supply chain simulation software is needed to find the best solution and keep track of the whole chain.
Some typical subjects of supply chain simulation are:
- The configuration of the distribution network:
- Which network locations are involved?
- Implement centralization or decentralization
- What mode of transportation will be used?
- How many warehouses will be used?
Inventory management issues:
- Where should stocks be kept and how much?
- How can replenishment strategies contribute?
- Trade-offs between manufacturing costs, transportation costs and stock keeping costs to minimize operating costs in the chain.
Lead time reductions:
- What is the effect of an improvement program for forecasting?
- How can communication protocols improve the performances?
- Performance measurements in the chain:
- How does the supply chain function and what are the individual contributions?
- Which key performance indicators can be evaluated?
Return flow management:
- How to deal with the handling of waste and return goods?
- How to organize recall operations in the chain?
Enterprise Dynamics® solutions
Simulation tools, applications or systems have proven to be very suitable for performing these kinds of simulation analyses on the required level of detail. Simulation solutions on a strategic level have been used to make decisions about chain design. At a more detailed level improvement of manufacturing flow and physical distribution are realized.
Enterprise Dynamics® is applied successfully to simulate distribution networks and solve location problems. Other Enterprise Dynamics® solutions concern simulation of the demand and supply variation in the chain and have succeeded in improving inventory management and lead time reduction drastically.
Contact us to find out how you can benefit from the use of Enterprise Dynamics®.