Stadiums & Arenas Crowd Simulation
Crowd Safety, security and capacity management are important issues during the design and construction phases of stadiums and arenas. Even if the location is already in use, new and existing conditions will regularly have to be reconsidered because every event or activity in the stadium has its own organization and therefore guidelines for safety and capacity. And of course, you want your visitors feeling safe and satisfied about their visit.
How much time do I need to evacuate my stadium? Does my stadium meet the requirements of sports confederations? What is the maximum safety capacity in relation to the entry flow rate and holding capacity? How many emergency exits, toilets, lockers and staff do I need and where do I need them? What positions for catering are most suitable to maximize both safety & security requirements and commercial revenues? These are all issues that can be answered with simulation software by modeling and analyzing pedestrian flows.
Pedestrian Dynamics has special tools to quickly build Stadium and Arenas environments with all the seats. The 3D environment makes is easy to understand the effect of design or operating changes for each of the stake holders. Giving insight into environment crowding, usage patterns and occupant comfort and safety.
Analyze, optimize, and visualize pedestrian crowds in any infrastructure with Pedestrian Dynamics.
Ease of Use
- intuitive UI
- Rapid model building
- Easy scenario definition
- Video tutorials
Import of industry standards
- CAD, BIM, XML, CityGML and many more
- Integrated 2D, 3D & VR models
Fast simulation runs
- Fast simulation by multithreading
- Simulation of large realistic crowds up to 100,000
Reliable & Robust
- Based on research insights
- Validated and verified
- In compliance with various international guidelines
Unique agent properties
- Intelligent dynamic routing
- Microscopic and mesoscopic
- Based on probabilities
- Integrated output module with automatic report generation.
- Easy movie playback and recording
- Extensive set of model drawing tools
Used by industry leaders
“Using the INCONTROL’s simulation software was an intricate part of our Safety Act Certification preparation and application, by demonstrating our ability to develop effective safety/security plans.”
“Pedestrian Dynamics offers universities a unique tool for mitigating risk through the capabilities of looking at the ‘what –if’ scenarios with their planning, training and exercises.”
A closer look at stadium & arena simulation
Get insight into pedestrian flows and bottlenecks in your stadium
Simulating visitor flows gained ground the last few years. An important reason is that safety and security of visitors has become one of the main issues during large scale events and during the construction of stadiums. In addition it gives answers to complex issues related to capacity management and commerce in stadiums. Simulation software gives insight into visitor flows and possible bottlenecks in the modeled situation. Many different parties, such as venue owners event organizers, soccer clubs, architects, authorities, emergency services are already using simulation software to support their mission. INCONTROL offers its own crowd simulation platform Pedestrian Dynamics®.
Simulation software provides solutions during the design, construction and operational phase, in order to:
- Determine technical requirements for your stadium, based on their expected use or authority demands (FIFA, UEFA, National FA’s, Government);
- Determine commercially attractive areas within your stadium;
- Gain insight into complete infrastructure, visitor flows, bottlenecks and (safety)risks;
- Test and compare different alternative (emergency) scenarios, such as evacuations, partial evacuations and in- and outflow of visitors;
- Develop evacuation- and contingency plans;
- Develop and evaluate mobility- and infrastructure plans;
- Save time and money by testing various functionalities of your stadium during the design phase.