Cities & Infrastructures
An urban center, a residential area or other infrastructure within a city should be designed in such a way to let people live, work and recreate. This requires an understanding of logistical flows such as pedestrian flows and mobility.
Retailers want to know where to locate in the city center in order to have the most visitors, a town planner will plan a park in order to attract as many people as possible and the local authorities want a city to be easy accessible for residents and visitors at all times. And for temporary changes in the infrastructure -such as an event or urban renewal- capacity, mobility and accessibility are themes that always should be taken into account. For all of these questions, simulation is the answer.
Analyze, optimize, and visualize pedestrian crowds in any infrastructure with Pedestrian Dynamics.
Ease of Use
- Intuitive UI
- Rapid model building
- Easy scenario definition
- Video tutorials
Import of industry standards
- CAD, BIM, XML, CityGML and many more
- Integrated 2D, 3D & VR models
Fast simulation runs
- Fast simulation by multithreading
- Simulation of large realistic crowds up to 100,000
Reliable & Robust
- Based on research insights
- Validated and verified
- In compliance with various international guidelines
Unique agent properties
- Intelligent dynamic routing
- Microscopic and mesoscopic
- Based on probabilities
- Integrated output module with automatic report generation.
- Easy movie playback and recording
- Extensive set of model drawing tools
Used by industry leaders
A closer look at cities & infrastructure simulation
Simulating pedestrian flows has gained ground the last few years, partly due to incidents such as Occupy protests in major city centers. In addition it provides answers to complex, logistical issues related to capacity management, urban-planning, commerce and safety & security. Many different parties, such as event organizers, architects, authorities, emergency services, etc. are already using simulation software to support their mission. INCONTROL offers its own simulation platform Pedestrian Dynamics®.
Simulation software is the solution for answering capacity-, mobility- and accessibility issues within complex infrastructures. With the help of simulation software you can:
- Evaluate the capacity and accessibility of your urban environment.
- Gain insightinthe consequences of temporary changes in your infrastructure for the capacity and accessibility.
- Understand the effects of open events, demonstrations, marches, etc. in your city or surroundings.
- Determine commercial attractive locations within your urban environment.
- Present the design of your infrastructure in a 2D and 3D visualization to your stakeholders.
- Plan functionalities such as shopping centers, playgrounds, etc. within your infrastructure, during the design phase, based on the expected pedestrianflows .
- Map the complete infrastructure, pedestrian flows and bottlenecks (risks).
- Develop security plans.