Developer Simulation Software Solutions
Enterprise Dynamics allows you to develop your own simulation software solutions. As a developer you are not limited to existing atoms, but you can develop your own. In fact you can develop entire libraries of atoms, modify the user-interface and add completely new features to Enterprise Dynamics.
On top of the Enterprise Dynamics simulation engine we support many standards like ADO, XML, TCP/IP and many others. These standards are made available for developers via the 4DScript language. Our native GUI Builder allows the developer to create own user interfaces. The available visualization features and format support can make the simulation solution stunning in appearance.
The developer is only limited by his or her own imagination!
Each atom consists of various events the atom can react to. Each of these events can be freely programmed via 4DScript. Available event handlers are:
- OnEntering; fired whenever this atom is entering a second atom.
- OnEntered; fired whenever an atom is entering this atom.
- OnExiting; fired whenever this atom is exiting a second atom.
- OnExited; fired whenever an atom is exiting this atom.
- OnCreation; this event is fired when the atom is created.
- OnDestruction; this event is fired when the atom is about to be destroyed.
- OnReset; fired when the simulation run is reset.
- OnUser; this event is fired when the user interacts with the atom.
- OnOcReady; an event to signal that an output channel is open to pass an atom.
- OnIcReady; an event to signal that an input channel is open to receive an atom.
- On2DDraw; the event to define the 2D visualization of the atom.
- On3DDraw; the event to define the 3D visualization of the atom.
- OnMessage; fired when the atom receives a direct message send by any other atom.
- OnInit; this event is fired when the atom is added to the atom library.
- OnEvent; a general event that is triggered to notify the atom of a new situation/time/status.
By using these event handlers and the 4DScript language a developer is capable of programming atoms to fit any kind of behavior. Notice the 2D and 3D event handlers allowing the developer to define freely the visualization of any atom.
The support for many standards can be illustrated by the support Enterprise Dynamics offers for ADO. ADO is a Microsoft standard for communicating with databases and has many features. These features have been translated in available 4DScript functions that can be used by the developer.
The Enterprise Dynamics simulation software supports many different kinds of standards to allow developers programming suitable atoms for any kind of situation. Contact us if you have more questions regarding development in Enterprise Dynamics.